The Friends of Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site, Inc. announces that applications are being accepted for the 2024-2025 academic annual scholarship for Native American students in the four corners area. Deadline is June 15, 2024. The funds for our scholarships are raised through memberships, activities at Hubbell TPNHS including the Auctions, and other off-site events.
To date, $300,000 in scholarships have been awarded, with nearly $125,000 in the last five years. We are very happy that during 2023 we were able to award scholarships to ten very deserving third and fourth-year college students. One scholarship in the amount of $3,000 was awarded; nine scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each were awarded
The following are the recipients of this year’s scholarships:
- Ordell Joe: attending University of Arizona, majoring in PhD in Higher Education
- Brittany Jim: attending Northern Arizona University, majoring in Masters of Public Health – Nutrition
- Corey Hemstreet: attending Northern Arizona University, majoring in Masters of Public Health—Health Promotion
- Vetesha Smith: attending University of Arizona, majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- Kaedan Yazzie: attending University of New Mexico, majoring in Nursing
- Sonya Norton: attending Arizona State University, majoring in Pharmacy
- Berlinsea Kee: attending Diné College, majoring in Elementary Education
- Darion Fredericks: attending Fort Lewis College, majoring in Environmental Conservation & Management
- Nicole Begay: attending University of Oklahoma, majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- River Yazzie: attending Arizona College of Allied Health, majoring in Nursing
- Erin Cleveland: attending Diné College, majoring in Biology
- Kyra Capitan: attending Navajo Technical University, majoring in Wildlife Biologist
- Chasity James: attending Arizona State University, majoring in Mechanical Engineering
We wish all of our scholarship recipients the best of luck in their studies and future
careers and lookforward to hearing from them as their education and careers progress.
Highlights of each of our scholarship recipients can be found in our FOH newsletter published four times a year.